How to include your values if you have a PERSONAL BRAND
Is your name or image your brand? Then you have a personal brand, and this blog post is just perfect for you.
Let me start by saying that I really believe that a personal brand must be created differently from any other brand, for a simple but very important reason, it must share your personal values. When a personal brand doesn’t share the person’s values, it won’t be strong enough, and it will be a matter of time before you feel off, as if this project was not perfect for you. Let me tell you, it is not the project, are the values you chose for it.
If you are reading this, you are a lucky one. I will share with you one of the most important tools we have to help identify the values of a personal brand. In the creation process, this will be one of the first steps, before designing any logo or deciding on fonts or colors, we create a brand strategy framework. Values will be considered in this stage.
1. Draw a timeline like this:
2. Close your eyes, go back into your memories, and start writing UP the line which moments have felt the happiest.
3. Think back again, but this time write DOWN the line which moments have been your hardest/saddest.
4. Grab each moment and think about a value you can pull out from it. Something you learned, or why you felt so happy in that exact moment.
5. Now choose your top 3-5 values and transfer these values to your brand!
If my brand was a personal brand, it will be something like this:
Elevate and cultivate your personal brand always with these values in mind. A personal brand must be created with your essence, not a marketing expert essence.
Hope it helps.